The purpose and intent of the Camp Hill Soccer Club’s (CHSC) philosophy is to promote the advancement of youth soccer in Camp Hill, to encourage the development of player skills and abilities, promote programs that teach individual and team skills, and support the development of trained coaches and referees. The goal and value of player participation is to have fun while playing soccer, to develop self-esteem and confidence through skill development while promoting a sense of fair play and good sportsmanship.
In addition, we will participate in the Central Pennsylvania Youth Soccer League
(CPYSL) where we will advance teams to the highest possible level of play.
The key elements of CHSC’s soccer experience is developing individual and team skills in all players in a fun, family environment that builds character, competence and confidence. The CHSC adopts P.R.I.D.E. as the values that define its philosophy:
- Positive Attitude
In order to uphold the P.R.I.D.E. and promote a high level of community spirit, the CHSC adopts the following Code of Conduct for all players, parents/guardians, and coaches
All players participating in CHSC shall…
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship by example and encourage it from fellow players
- Play by the rules of the game.
- View playing soccer as an opportunity to learn and have fun.
- Remain respectful toward other players, coaches, referees and spectators.
- Never argue or complain about referees’ calls or decisions.
- Make every effort to attend ALL practices and games and arrive on time.
- Maintain an even temperament and resist retaliation.
- Give 100% effort at practice, and during games.
- Focus on doing their best in school.
- Not partake in illegal drug, alcohol or tobacco use.
ALL parents shall…
- Encourage good sportsmanship and self-discipline in their children and their
teammates through example.
- Make athletic participation for their child and others a positive, fun experience.
- Give encouragement and show interest in their child’s teams.
- Encourage their child to show good sportsmanship in every game.
- Attempt to minimize the pressure of competition and place the emotional and physical well being of players ahead of a desire to win.
- Be respectful toward coaches, referees, your child, other parents and their children.
- Alert coaches of any players’ health conditions.
- Support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from youth sports activities.
- Refrain from coaching and refereeing “from the sidelines”.
- Make every effort to drop off and pick up players at designated practice and game times.
ALL coaches shall…
- Provide a positive role model for their players and parents, by consistently acting in a positive, controlled and mature manner expected of a CHSC coach.
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship and maintain a proper perspective on the purpose of ,CHSC soccer, namely, participation is for the enjoyment and benefit of the players (not the adults).
- Learn the rules of soccer, and earn at least a basic certification.
- Above all else, maintain the safety and well being of their players.
- Explain to (and remind) parents what is expected of them and their children.
- Provide a positive, enjoyable atmosphere for the players and parents.
- Refrain from open arguments with referees and other coaches.
- Encourage parents to support the team with their presence as much as possible.
- Ensure equitable playing time (as specified in CHSC bylaws).
- Provide necessary guidance and equipment at games and practices.
- Discipline players in a FAIR and CONSISTENT manner.
- Refrain from making negative comments about other coaches, players, parents and referees.
- Be prepared to deal with injuries in a timely manner by reviewing first aid principles.
- Maintain a consistent practice schedule that is both fun and challenging for the players.